Family Camp Weekend 2021
Labor Day Weekend - Saturday Sept 4 to Monday September 6
Our Treasured Rainbow Families Tradition is BACK!
Link: August 15 Important Update
Thanks to our Key Sponsor this year, Reston Pride, whose generosity is providing our
lowest camp registration fees ever.
About: Our Family Camp Weekend provides LGBTQ+ families with the very unique opportunity to forge personal connections and build community with one another. Together, parents and children spend the entire weekend enjoying the rustic outdoors, beautiful scenery, and fun activities. A wonderful way for our children to be among other families like theirs.
Camp Tockwogh is in Worton Maryland, about a 2.5 hour drive from the DMV. A 309-acre family-friendly YMCA campground, located on the Chesapeake Bay. Learn more about Camp Tockwogh HERE.
Read: The Schedule
Read: FAQs and Important Info including safety measures and a supplies checklist
Read: General Housing & YMCA info here. Cottages, Stewart Lodge & Conf Center will sell quickly; first come first served. Registration fee includes 2 nights accommodations, meals and activities as outlined, gifts & raffle prizes. Schedule and FAQ links above will be updated as necessary.
Rates and Accommodations: Rates below are for 2 nights. LOWEST PRICES EVER - thanks to the generosity of Reston Pride. Additional camp sponsors include Capital Hill Outfitters and The Baltimore Orioles! Additional assistance may be available to families for whom costs are still prohibitive; please email us.
- Rustic Cabin - Standard Accommodations – $88 per person 3 years and over - Each rustic cabin sleeps up to 12 people in bunk-beds. Each cabin has electricity and lights; no heat, no private bathrooms, but they are near the 'shower houses'. Depending on #'s in this category, it is possible you may have more than 1 family per cabin. If you have a family in mind to share a cabin, send us an email right away
- Stewart Lodge –$119 per person 3 years and over - The Stewart Lodge is its own building with a common area, and 2 large rooms. Each room sleeps 11 (with twin beds, not bunks). Each of the 2 rooms has a bathroom. Minimum 3 per room. Families will share a room unless a family blocks all 10-11 beds. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired when you register by sending an email right away
- Cottages – $136 per person 3 years and over - Each cottage sleeps a total of 9, with 3 bedrooms sleeping 3 people. Each bedroom has a bathroom. Large families may be request 2 or 3 bedrooms. Depending on family size, smaller families will likely share a cottage. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired in the same cottage when you register by sending an email right away
- Conference Center/Tockwogh Lodge – $154 per person 3 years and over - These accommodations include carpeted bedrooms that sleep 5-6 people each, with bunk-beds. Every bedroom is equipped with a bathroom. There is a large common area, fireplace, and a service room with a refrigerator you can keep things in. Only 6 rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. Must pay for a minimum of 4 people per room.
- Tent Accommodations - $55 per person 3 years and over - Bring your own tent and enjoy the TRUE camping experience! Our tenters group together in one spot, close to the "shower house" (bathrooms), or you may request to be more on your own (with YMCA approval)
Assistance: In addition to the historic reduction in cost thanks to our sponsors, new this year: YMCA has a financial assistance program. For info, click HERE. You pay the regular rate; any award amount granted from YMCA will be refunded to you.
Cancellations/Refunds: No refunds after JULY 30, except in any situation causing Rainbow Families to cancel the event, in which case refunds will be processed fully. This is a rain or shine event.